Back to parking lifts: steps one and two taken

To: "Shop-Talk Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back to parking lifts: steps one and two taken
From: "Marknsuz" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:59:33 -0800
Hi all.  Just a quick note to say that having followed what's been said here
i went out and bought one.  Step one was picking and ordering, two was
getting it off the truck and into the garage.

I bought one from RB Wholesale.  They are in Southern California.  $1895
delivered.  Model D-7, labelled Dannmar Industries.

Getting it off the delivery truck was a whole lot easier than I had feared.
The unit arrived with a roughly two foot square welded angle iron frame on
each end.  The rails were bolted to this, top and bottom.  The rest of the
parts were metal strapped into the space between.  As I don't have access to
a forklift or loaded I ran a chain around one end of the lift package and
connected it to my little pickup, loose enough so that the load could swing
behind the truck.  I dragged it out of the truck until the far end was
resting on the liftgate of the truck, the end on my truck still swinging.
Lowered the liftgate, backed my truck back a little, and it was on the
ground.  And yes, I tipped the driver well, as I was supposed to have
something powered to unload with (and he helped alot with positioning).

It's all in my garage now; I'll write again after I assemble it.  If anyone
wants to see how it goes together and practice on one I'm in Sebastopol, CA
(but not holding my breath).

Mark Miller