Re: Any amateur locksmiths?

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any amateur locksmiths?
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:48:41 +0000
At 20:10 01/03/06, Mark J. Bradakis wrote:

>Anyone know if I can just drive up with my gasoline powered compressor and
>a die grinder with a cut off wheel and just cut the disc locks off?  Difficult
>or piece of cake?

Mark,

This is an easy job with a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder and a 1mm disc.
As long as you have clear access to the staple. You may need to cut
the lock twice, either side of the staple. Try cutting on the rhs of
the staple first (assuming the lock closes anticlockwise) then
wriggle it about, you might be lucky.

The thin disc makes an enormous difference to the job.

Nick Brearley