Re: Power washers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power washers
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:37:52 -0500
At 03:54 AM 3/7/2006, you wrote:
>It seems that I need a power washer ..... I would like a unit that
>is well made but it will only get used a couple of times a month.  I
>figure a gas power unit is the way to go.  Any suggestions

I bought one @ Home Depot a couple years ago.  "Excell" by DeVilbiss,
with a 5HP Honda engine (not some B&S piece of crap flat-head),
decent construction, etc.  It lists for $388 right now.  I'd post a
link, but they don't seem to work from HD's site.

I've been extremely pleased with it;  only complaint is you can't
adjust the pump pressure or engine speed.  It has a fairly large foot
print in the garage with the wheel-barrow style handle.  BUT, it has
a quick-release that lets you turn it around 180  -- more compact,
plus it's balances over the chassis just right so you can carry it up
stairs with one arm (and a little struggle.)

   -Wayne