displaying load on generator

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: displaying load on generator
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:45:07 -0600
I've replaced my old military surplus 7kw gen set with a shiny new Generac
Elite 30 kw unit... all the bells and whistles..auto start and
exercise...auto switch over, etc..  one thing it doesn't have that I miss is
a 'percent of load' meter or some way of telling what kind of load is on the
generator at any given time period.  I know it's best to keep the load
balanced on each leg and my old mil set had a switchable meter that showed
the load (in percentage) that that leg was carrying...

Sooooo all you electrical gurus.... other than going out and taking 10
screws off the cover and clamping an amprobe on each leg... is there a
circuit or 'hickey-thing' that I can  attach (without voiding my 24 hour
warranty) so I can monitor the load on the generator ???

thanks
John

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in
good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be
treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to
discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or
origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an
American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance
here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an
American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red
flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as
much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are
hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English
language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty
to the American people"  ...Theodore Roosevelt 1907