Re: Photos of the Blast Cabinet I Built

To: <doug@dougbraun.com>, "Shop-Talk Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Photos of the Blast Cabinet I Built
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:46:22 -0400
Very nice Doug! Looks great painted.

I built mine many years ago based on the plans TP Tools sells (but I
just made my own after looking at pictures in their catalogs).

Mine has wooden legs, I used 1/2 plywood as a compromise between
strength & weight, and I put a sheet of resist (rubber sheet used for
making sand-blast design stencils) on the back wall.

The trickiest part of construction was the hopper part. Don't know
exactly what you call the shape - an upside down rectangular pyramid.
I tried to calculate angles but ended up cutting parts slightly
over-size and then trimming/sanding things to fit.

Last week, while my son was out in the garage with the doors open, a
bird started building a nest in the left arm hole. He/she had stuffed
the sleeve of the glove with nest material in less than an hours time.
Fortunately no eggs so I only felt a little guilty evicting them...

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell