RE: Weed killer or burn off the weeds?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Weed killer or burn off the weeds?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:48:06 -0700
> About 10 years ago I stored my boat in my back yard two winters in a row.
> Each spring, I lifted the boat off of the trailer with jacks and 4x10s,
> sanded the bottom, and applied a fresh coat of anti-fouling paint.  I am
> still trying to get grass to grow in the area which was directly under the
> boat.

Anti-fouling paint at least used to contain copper, which is poisonous to most
if not all plants and lasts a long, long time.  You could probably achieve the
same effect with copper-based swimming pool algae killer.  It's getting harder
to find, but most swimming pool supply places still carry it behind the counter.
http://www.poolsinc.com/algae3.html

Randall