RE: Crazy electrical question

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Crazy electrical question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:55:41 -0700
> "In our bedroom we have a electrical outlet that is
> driving me nuts. Seems when you plug in a clock to
> this one outlet the clock begins to gain time faster
> then it should.

Noise on the line can do that.  Look for anything in the area that might be
putting noise back into the AC line, like fluorescent lights, electric
motors that don't run all the time, or possibly a bad connection.  Might be
worth pulling the outlet out of it's box to check for problems behind it.

Easiest solution might be to buy a better grade of clock, with better
filtering.  A good "surge suppressor" might help too, since they frequently
have filtering as well as surge suppression.  Or, just a battery-powered
clock <G>

Randall