flooring

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: flooring
From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:25:07 -0700
We're looking to purchase a new home.
It will be a Ranch or Rambler style, which is
important to us as we gain in life's experience.
Instead of having my office in the shop building
(to be built) it would be right off the garage,
but definitely inside the home structure (and decor).

My question is:  the room presently is floored with
carpet.  I spend a lot of time at my desk and computer
and don't want to have a carpeted floor.  One reason
is my office chair just doesn't work well on carpet.

>From years ago, I have left over around 600 sqft of
natural cork tiles.  Will the cork stand up to this
type of heavy-duty usage?

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA