RE: gate or ball valve for house water lines?

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: gate or ball valve for house water lines?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:40:23 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Randall wrote:
> Ball valves have their own problems.  Probably the most significant for
> home use is that it's very difficult to control the flow.  They do make
> good shutoff valves though, especially for locations that aren't used
> very much.

This is exactly the function I need the valve to perform though...  I want
them to be either completely on or completely off (and not to leak! :-).

Sounds like the general thought here is to use ball valves.

I'll also look into rebuilding the existing globe valves.  That would
indeed be easier than unsoldering & replacing the existing valves, but I
probably wouldn't get that satisfaction of throwing the damn things into
the garbage where they belong.... :-)

Thanks!

Mark