Re: Frozen Lug nuts

To: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: Frozen Lug nuts
From: Mike Lee <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:15:48 -0700
>Went to get new rear tires on my Jeep (94 Grand Cherokee) and they (NTB)
could not get the wheels off as one lug nut on each side defied their most
powerful air guns and hand wrenches.

If your lug nuts are like the ones on my Jeep and Dodge (circa '90 and '94),
there is a thin chrome plated "cap" over the lug (I think it's something like
a 19mm cap over a 1/2" lug).  The underlying lugnut is hollow, so you can
direct PB Blaster directly in there.  You can guess how I found this out....
I ended up taking mine off by jumping on the end of a 6' cheater pipe on a
breaker bar; it was a lot less work that way
BTW, my local BigLots has the smaller cans of PB Blaster for $1 each; I've
been stocking up...

Good luck!