Electrical Question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical Question
From: Kurt Oblinger <koblinger@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:25:14 -0700
I'm moving a plug in the back of a cabinet and have a question. This
plug has a hot feed coming in and then has two branches out to other
plugs. When the electrician originally installed it he tired the three
wires together along with a short pig tail that went to the plug in the
box. Now the plug that is there has the "quick wire" feature where the
bare end of the wire can just be pushed into a hole in the back of the
plug and its grabbed by tabs to make the connection. The plug has four
of these "quick wire" connections on each side of the plug so I could
just use those instead of wire nutting everting together. Is there any
advantage or disadvantage to tieing the leads together with wire nuts as
opposed to using the quick wire connection?

Hope thats clear enough.

Thanks,
Kurt Oblinger