Re: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:08:06 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Pat Horne wrote:
> I have used a Ridgid TS2400 on Habitat job sites and I had no complaints
> (except when someone lost the power switch safety key). This saw may be
> a bit out of your price range.

Looks like Home Depot (at least online) carries both the Ryobi, Rigid, and
Bosch saws that look to cover the range in the portable market... I'll
check them out in person.

> On job sites I now use a saw guide with my circular saw to rip
> materials. Good ones can be purchased for a bit over $100 that will let
> you rip material up to 8'.Don't buy the two piece guides, they bend too
> much.

I'd be interested in something like this, provided it was easy to put on
and take off the saw (Porter Cable mumble-mumble I got probably 10 years
ago)  Will it let you do things like rip 1/4" spacer strips off a 2x4 as
well as rip a sheet of plywood in two?  Is it as accurate as a portable
table saw?

Thanks!

Mark