Re: waste oil

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: waste oil
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:15:23 -0800
> Most of the big retailers and chain oil change shops are _happy_ to accept
> your used oil because they get paid for it.  My Safety Kleen rep told me
> they were paying up to $0.30 per gallon of used oil at the height of the oil
> prices last Sept.  Normal priceing was something like $0.15/gal.

I've been told around here (San Mateo Co, CA) that the county limits
them to taking - what?  - 2 gallons per person per dropoff.  That's
basically one BMW V8 oil change.

The recycling center in Belmont run by the local garbage contractor and
will take 5gal without complaint.

I found it interesting that a couple months back they circulated a "What
services would you like from us" questionnaire that asked whether we'd
be interested in a scrap-metal pickup.

Yeah, sure, now that it's worth real money, they'll be happy to take it
off our hands.

It also looked like they were trying to get out from under the 2x-year
8-33-gallon-cans-or-equivalent cleanup pickup our city makes them provide.

NFW.  That's the one thing they do that I need.

John.