Re: Air line piping

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air line piping
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:42:28 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Doug Braun wrote:
> I have one of these, and it works OK for 1/2" pipe, sort of OK for 3/4"
> pipe, and I've never tried anything bigger.  Don't forget you also need
> a big vise with the proper jaws to hold the pipe.
>
> The threads it made were not perfect, but a lot of
> those pre-threaded lengths at Home Depot had pretty
> mediocre threads, too.
>
> I managed to do my setup with pre-cut lengths
> and unions from HD.

I've got one as well (which is why I brought it up).  It's always been
just fine for the low volume "around the house" stuff I've needed it for
(up to 1").

Here's the vice, btw:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=8890

I'd probably agree that you'd want something better for professional or
higher volume use, but for a homeowner, I think its totally fine.

Mark