Re: Maintenance

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Maintenance
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 20:42:21 -0800 (PST)
That's not really the safety valve- its purpose is
to bleed out the pressure in the line from the pump to
the tank (there is a check valve at the tank entrance
to keep the tank air from escaping).  It is open
whenever the pressure switch has turned off the motor.

The pressure has to be removed from the line so that
the motor will not have to start up with a full
load from the compressor.

Doug