Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections

To: "Preston Smith" <prbasmith@gmail.com>, "Shop-Talk List"
Subject: Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:56:53 -0600
You may want to rethink the male plug aspect.  When the circuit is normally
powered, the prongs of that male plug will be hot.

How about adding a receptacle to serve the pump and then when the power goes
off you can unplpug the pump from the house circuit and plug it into an
extension cord to your generator ??

Happy New Year !!

Karl