Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water pump and furnace emergency electrical connections
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:33:06 -0500
Steven Trovato wrote:
> A transfer
> switch installation can cost more than the generator, and greatly limit
> the circuits that can be served by the generator.  I think their goal is
> admirable, but they need to come up with a better way.

Transfer switches don't have to be that expensive anymore. Go to Home
Depot's site and search on whole house generators. They are now selling
a 7500 watt generator for $1888 that includes a transfer switch with 8
circuits. Runs on propane or natural gas. My electrician friend says it
only takes a few hours to install the switch.

Jon