RE: Waste Oil Container

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Waste Oil Container
From: "Bob Kegel" <bobkegel@seanet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:29:35 -0800
> I sometimes keep it in
> the garage for several months before I dump it at the parts store.  I
> wouldn't want the plastic container to dissolve in the garage.

I store waste oil in a 5-gallon bucket with a snap-on lid. I think it
originally held mayonnaise. I can't recall where I got it, but I suspect
they're free for asking from restaurants

Anyway, I've been using it for years without any sign of deterioration.
Don't know about HD paint buckets, but food-grade polyethylene is pretty
stable.

Bob Kegel
Aberdeen, WA