RE: Air line piping

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Air line piping
From: "Kent Sullivan" <kentsu@corvairkid.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:28:27 -0800
(sending again--first try last week did not get through)

We used black iron pipe in my shop when it was built two years ago. Love it.
At that time, Lowe's was selling nice lengths that were already painted
black for a good price. We used a lot of them. :-)

Inch--in case you weren't already considering this, think about making a
loop out of the main run, all the back to the tank. Really helps even out
the pressure and keeps a tool "downwind" from starving (because there is no
more "downwind"...).

The schematic that TP Tools gives away is a great guide, BTW:
http://www.tptools.com/statictext/airline-piping-diagram.pdf

I also invested in an automatic air compressor tank drain. It's really for
commercial use because the longest it will go between firings is about 45
minutes. But I was able to fix that with a lamp timer. :-) I have it blast
twice a day.

Don't forget to have the main run tilt a few degrees so that water will run
to one corner, where you (of course) have a "downspout" and drain valve.

--Kent