Re: Waste Oil Container

To: "Pat Horne" <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Subject: Re: Waste Oil Container
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 16:08:32 -0500
On 1/2/07, Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that ANY brake fluid in waste oil makes the whole
> batch of oil too polluted to recycle and it must be disposed of. I have
> no personal knowledge of this, but I have been told this by several
> recycling locations. There is even a sign at the my local
> recycle-it-yourself center that the county runs near my house that says
> this. Anyone know for sure?

The concern is that brake fluid is often contaminated with various
solvents, like brake cleaners, which can make the whole batch
chlorinated, which makes it expensive hazardaus waste.  Whether you
can put in in your used oil depends on who is processing it, and what
its end use is.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com