RE: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:08:12 -0500
Bill Engle Sr wrote:

> The Brits call them Rose Joints

Probably more correct - Heim was a brand name along the lines of
Kleenex.  Then again, "Rose" was probably a British name for a
manufacturer too.

Actually another proper name for a Heim joint is a "spherical joint".

As for the self taught mechanic using the improper terminology...

I'm completely self taught.  I tend to use the correct/proper term for
tools and parts (at least mostly).  Maybe it comes from actually
learning from books, etc. instead of from the old guy under the shade
tree.  :)

Tim Mullen