Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 07:21:08 -0500
James wrote... >Exhaust systems are a breeze because everything is exposed;
would be more >difficult with the 2-post. (Damn, I'm gettng sucked into
this.)  Just curious, but how could exhaust work be *more* difficult on a 2
post?   I've worked on both types, and 2 posts are by far, the LEAST
intrusive to under body work. Here is another example, doing brake jobs on
all for wheels.  super easy with a 2 post, but with a 4 post, you need to
rejack each wheel after you jack up the car.  Not to mention that you have
a ramp in the way once you get the tire off. I'm not saying that 4 posters
are garbage, just that they are meant more for storage than work. FWIW, I
have never seen a 4 post lift in a service station, yet, I have also not
seen one withOUT at least one 2 post lift. Again, not a flame, YMMV. Inch
"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute." Tori Amos