RE: 2 vs 4 post lifts

To: "Doug Braun" <doug@dougbraun.com>, "Matt Wehland"
Subject: RE: 2 vs 4 post lifts
From: "Galt, Stuart A" <stuart.a.galt@boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:07:54 -0800

When I order something large that I want to pick up at the
freight terminal I tell the company I am ordering from to
have it held in will call at the closest terminal.  If I forget
to do this I normally get a call from the freight company
to schedule a delivery... So far they have all been willing
to let me pick it up at their terminal.  I drive up and they
load it into my truck (or trailer) with a fork lift then
I go home and try to figure out what do do with the item
at my leisure...

I admit that getting the 1200lb safe out of my truck and moved
into position by myself was a bit more work than I thought it
would be... but the 400lb generator was a piece of cake!
I would love one of the rough terrain fork lifts but have not
been able to justify it yet :)  I have gotten pretty good at
cribbing and levering stuff around.

Stuart.