Re: how to remove rust from inside old gas tank

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: how to remove rust from inside old gas tank
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 21:23:45 -0500
If you just clean the tank and do nothing to coat the inside, at least use
metal prep (phosphoric acid) to convert the cleaned surface and any
remaining rust to iron phosphate.  Otherwise, the first moisture in the fuel
(and it's guaranteed to be in gasohol) will start the rust all over again
immediately.  With metla prep it'll at least slow down the onset of new
rust, though not for very long.

Karl