Home a/c question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Home a/c question
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 20:38:12 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Ok, we have central a/c.  I don't know what the names of anything are, but
there's a duct system that sits over the (forced air) furnace.  The
coolant lines to the big outside a/c box come into the duct system just
above the furnace. Presumably there's an evaporator or cooling coil or
whatever in there, and the furnace just blows air across it and out the
ducts into the house.

Anyway, that section of the duct makes this gurgling / hissing / spitting
/ rumbly noise.  Kinda like something is blowing air through some water
occasionally or something like that.

The a/c seems to blow cold, everything seems to work, it just makes this
noise it didn't used to make.

Anyone know what the heck it could be?  Or even what the parts are called
so that I can talk intelligently about it?

Thanks!

Mark