Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders

To: "Kent Sullivan" <kentsu@corvairkid.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 14:03:30 -0400
On 7/3/07, Kent Sullivan <kentsu@corvairkid.com> wrote:
> One thing to consider when doing auto work is how many sockets do you really
> need for a given car? Most American cars use very few sizes. Has anyone
> tried organizing their sockets in groups based on what is needed for a given
> project? I know I have a lot of socket sizes I have never used, and probably
> never will...

The smallish toolkit that lives in my Land-Rover is set up like this.
It's got a set of combination wrenches, a 3/8 ratchet, an extension, a
universal, and a socket rail.  I took a couple of the sockets that
I'll never use off the rail, and replaced them with a spark plug
socket, and a 3/8 BS socket (fits the hub bolts, which need tightening
from time to time.)

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com