Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders

To: jem@milleredp.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:48:35 -0700 (PDT)
> Different manufacturers seem to have different 'favorite' sizes, it's
> rare to find a nut that needs an 11mm socket but my Taurus SHO is lousy
> with the things.  The Japanese stuff I've run into seems to have a lot
> of 12mm heads on M8 bolts.

Oh, that's a favorite topic, indeed. The JIS metric standard
is different from the DIN metric standard is different from the
ISO metric standard. Choosing the right wrench/socket is the
easy part. Finding the correct replacement fastener is where
it gets hard. (FYI, Wurth sells a JIS assortment, but it is
truly difficult to find some of the DIN metric nuts, much less nylocs.)