Re: [Shop-talk] Ejection pump system problem

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ejection pump system problem
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:02:39 -0700
> The 20a circuit was tripped this morning but the 15a (backup
> pump??) was ok. However, no one except the cat was there
> between last night and this morning so it's odd that the
> pump(s) would have turned on. It's too dry for AC condensate
> to have any impact, a leaky toilet wouldn't put out more than
> a few gallons overnight, so maybe my constricted pipe theory
> isn't the issue and they need an electrician.

Or maybe the same crud is also blocking the check valve open slightly, and
allowing backflow into the tank ?

I don't know much about these systems; but I'm guessing the pump is
centrifugal rather than positive-displacement; which I think means it should
draw less power if it's blocked rather than more.  My guess would be
something caught in the impellors; perhaps something that was flushed and
shouldn't have been.

Randall