Re: [Shop-talk] Running electrical circuit though a foundation

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Running electrical circuit though a foundation
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:32:38 -0400
A couple of years ago I ran 100Amp service to the garage and like you I say
"YAY!"

I agree - don't go through the foundation below grade.  To go through the
foundation you can use an "LB" fitting.  Also, to make "sharp" right turns
with PVC pipe, particularly when coming through the wall to go straight down
into the ground (which is what I did) you need to use an "LB" fitting.  It's
designed with a gasketed cover so you can pull the wire out into the air and
then shove it out the exit.  I ran big wire for my 100A service and it was
"fun" to get it to feed throught the pipes.  Finally managed it though.

Here's a link to an image of an LB fitting:
http://www.fittings.net/CatalogBySubcategory.asp?CatName=PVC%20Fittings&CatID=8&SubCatName=PVC%20Bodies%20%22LB%22&SubCatID=121

This company sells all sorts of fittings besides the LB:
http://www.fittings.net/CatalogByCategory.asp?CatName=PVC%20Fittings&CatID=8