[Shop-talk] Socket organizers again

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Socket organizers again
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:28:24 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Ok, I need six new socket organizers (new toolbox setup with 1/4, 3/8, 1/2
sockets in metric and english).  I think for this one I want those plastic
rails with the clips that use ball bearings.  Like the metal clips except
for the part about how I don't throw them through the window because they
work and don't stick or pull the clip off or whatever.  I have to store
the sockets on their sides due to drawer height.

Anyway, a local tool guy has 'em for around $10/rail.  Anyone know of a
better place / price?

I'm not sure who makes them other than VIM.

Looks like Ernst also has something similar for less money
(http://www.ernstmfg.com/products_socket_organizers.php), but I'm not sure
how well the sockets go on and off.  Anyone used one of these?

My other alternative is to go with the Lisle socket trays like I use on my
main toolbox.  I was hoping to find something that was a little more
portable & which took a little less room.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

Mark