Re: [Shop-talk] Exciting hi-tech home shop accecssory!

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Exciting hi-tech home shop accecssory!
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:10:29 -0700
I don't know about their other products, but having a Roomba run around your
home a few days a week keeps it clean.

No, it can't hold the volume of dirt that your big vacuum can.  The dust bin
has to be cleaned about every 3-5 running hours.  FYI - We have no animals
in the house, but do have two young teen kids creating a small hurricane
worth of mess.

No it's not as powerful as our canister vacuum, but it's not far behind it
and all I had to do is program it to go clean twice a week and empty the bin
every week or two.  It does the rest.  It cleans on schedule and gets back
onto it's charger so it's always charged and ready to go.  It's chock full
of safeties to keep it from getting in trouble due to stairs, getting stuck
under something, inhaling rug tassels, etc.

This licensed PE (Professional Enginerd) strongly endorse the Roomba.  Just
be forewarned, when you buy one, you will spend hours during the first few
cycles, watching that little guy do his job.  <grin>

Jack