Re: [Shop-talk] Wholesale Auto Parts (Otto? Otto parts?)

To: roadsters@hornesystemstx.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wholesale Auto Parts (Otto? Otto parts?)
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 22:54:26 -0400
On 10/7/07, Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com> wrote:
> Randall & David,
>
> Interesting. observations. I guess each store has it's own way of doing
> business. I generally know when there is a problem with my vehicles. I
> do my own maintenance, including lube and oil changes. Whenever I am
> working on them I am always on the lookout for anything out of the
> ordinary.

I don't think the discount tire here does anything but sell tires and
wheels, which is why the people I was talking about had gone there.
They didn't want to get told there was something else wrong with the
car, even if it meant they'd have the wheel fall off.  I couldn't sell
a set of tires to someone, if I saw that they were worn out in a way
that meant there was likely to be an underlying problem, and they
hadn't fixed it.  Even if it did mean they bought the tires from the
people who fixed the problem.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com