Re: [Shop-talk] Remote electric meter readout

To: 'Shop-Talk List' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Remote electric meter readout
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:56:55 +0000
it's scarier than that--here the city government owns the utility and reports
any suspected usage patterns directly to the cops.  fortunately, they're not
particularly intelligent cops.  we were moving into the house and I happened to
stick my head into the attic: a load of bag of topsoil, pots and the big sodium
light fixtures were staring back at me.  I'm not really into that scene; it
took a friend of my brother's giving me the 'are you a retard' stare to get it
to set in...

as far as I know, the metermaids have never visited the house...

although, I cannot imagine for the life of me why anybody'd take that risk in
the house, there are several hundred acres behind the house that would require
a tank with a hedgerow trimmer to access.  I could plant a crop to rival
columbia back there and I don't think anyone would ever notice.