Re: [Shop-talk] Oil drain pan

To: "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oil drain pan
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:30:34 -0500
That's the one I have too.  Very satisfactory.

The conical plug in the pan is unique, but Blitz sent me several extras when
my original one cracked.  The yellow vent plug is captive and can't be lost.
The cap on the spout is the same as many gallon plastic jugs, like
windshield washer fluid bottles.  I'm sure I've inadvertently traded mine
once or twice at least, when using one of those jugs for waste oil.  No
problem at all.

The pan sits on its side on the garage floor, slipped between my radial arm
and table saws.  It's never leaked a drop.  When you drain it into a bottle,
however, there's a tendency for a little oil to sit in the downturned spout.
It'll plop onto the floor when you remove the drain cap unless you tip the
pan backwards for a few seconds first.  Look at the picture and you'll see
what I mean.  The pan would work just as well without that little downturn,
but that's how it's shaped.

Karl