Re: [Shop-talk] plumping question

To: "pethier@comcast.net" <pethier@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] plumping question
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:30:37 -0400
On 10/29/07, pethier@comcast.net <pethier@comcast.net> wrote:

> When you are REALLY bored, ask me about sandrock sewers.  We have some of
>them here and experienced civil engineers from elsewhere go "huh?" when they
>hear me talk about sewers 150 feet deep.  :-)

Not bored, but interested.  Sewers are cool.  I'm perfectly happy to
let others keep them working though.

The college I went to had a large undeveloped piece of scrubby
woodlands behind it.  It had large sewer pipes leading from the area
of town uphill from it, to the water plant, on the river.  The pipes
had were laid straight, with a bit of slope, and appeared out of the
sides of hills rather at random.

Helpful hint:  Don't try to walk across an 8" pipe while drunk.  Go for the 12"
 or 16" ones.  It's farther to that stream than you think.
--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com