Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:53:51 -0800
Eric,

Not that I feel that I'm an expert or anything but my wife
and I have been married for 36 years (high school sweethearts
an all that) so I guess we're doing something right. I think
I got lucky when I married her because she's always been there
with me when I'm doing something. When I was wrenching on the
race car she was rubbing the tire marks off and waxing. When
I'm in the field trying to get my English Setter to point she's
there enjoying the walk and the scenery. From reading your
mails over the years I think you should be looking for a pretty
independent woman who has her own interests. If those interests
overlay with yours then so much the better. A couple of reasons
I'm saying this are that I think you live in a somewhat isolated
area on a farm and that you're away for extended lengths of
time doing whatever is is you do with the military. Because
of this I think she's going to have to have something to keep
her busy at times.

It might be good if some of the things she's interested in could
be done in roughly the same physical area as the things you're
interested in. For example if she's interested in throwing pots
then having her wheel and kiln in or adjacent to your shop might
be nice. That way you both could be together doing what you like
but not having to entertain each other.

I would think that if the current love of your life is needy
and depends on you a lot then that's a danger sign.

Just my thoughts,
Drew

BTW since I'm writing why the change in nickname from Inch to
Moose? Something grow in size?

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com