Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 22:39:00 -0800
Moose,

Relationships slow down your shop time, kids do too.  Everything will change
somewhat, but if it's the right relationship, it's worth it because most of
the changes are for the better.

I've been married 18 years, kids 12 and 14, and my Triumph TR8 was up on
jack stands for 2.5 years, while I completed a few months work; but that's
ok.  It's worth it.

I saw finances mentioned.  We are a one check book house.  Everything is
ours; no mine or yours.  The more I talk with folks the more I find this is
the exception, rather than the rule, but I think it's one more tie that
helps keep our relationship together.  The biggest key is communication.  If
you can talk about anything with each other, you will make it work.  My wife
is my best friend.

Jack