Re: [Shop-talk] Automatic transmission rebuild

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>, Shop Talk List
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Automatic transmission rebuild
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:16:46 -0500
Steven Trovato wrote:
> it.  BTW, it's really $400-$600 for a boneyard transmission?  Heck,
> if you had the time to search around you could probably find a whole
> '93 Ford Escort for that.

That's kinda what I was thinking.  A 13 to 14 year old Ford that was a
semi-disposable econobox in the first place.  Not to sound too shitty --
I have a couple I keep around myself ;)  [1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R and
NX2000 -- dang it, they have Character!]  But at some point you gotta
call it quits.

Hey!  How about a 5-speed conversion?  You could score an entire junk
car for a few hundred, $150 for a new clutch kit, swap it all over...
More fun, more mpg, and more DIY friendly!

BTW, our 1993 NX2000 is for sale for $300 in the Asheville, NC area.
Body rough, but mechanically pretty sound.

   -Wayne