Re: [Shop-talk] Was Cordless Drill Batteries, now "cute" names

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Was Cordless Drill Batteries, now "cute" names
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:46:36 -0800
> This is something that really needed to be said!

It did ?

Ok, let me be clear about my own opinions then.  I buy a lot of stuff from
Harbor Freight.  That excludes anything where I need to rely on it's
precision (micrometers and such) or anything I would need to use to make a
living (which for me pretty much excludes anything HF offers).  Otherwise, I
have been satisfied with the vast majority of things I've bought from them.
No, the quality is not the best, and quality control is non-existent (I once
got a socket that was a solid cylinder of metal), but the price frequently
makes it possible for me to own the 'right' tool for a job where I would not
be willing/able to pay for a higher quality tool.

I'd say I was sorry if anyone chose to be offended by my lame attempt at
humor ... but that is your choice, not mine.

BTW, thanks to all that responded to my "horrible" question.  I'm going to
buy one this afternoon.  No, it won't be as good as the $175 equivalent from
Snap-On, but for $20 it will very likely fulfill my VERY occasional needs.
And even if it only lasts 2 or 3 uses, it will still be far more
cost-effective for me than the Snap-On unit.

Randall