Re: [Shop-talk] Sealing A/C registers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sealing A/C registers
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:13:53 -0600
Those "inside storm window" kits work well, but buy quality,  The 3M tape
works well, and peels off clean.  The other brands we've tried (Manco and
Frost King) have left a nasty mess that usually required solvent to clean,
and in one case repainting.  And the 3M film is clearer too.

For another possibility, there are a number of brands of peelable
winterizing caulk available, at least in cold climates.  Looks like clear
silicone, but in the spring it peels off clean with little or no residue to
wipe off.  Maybe you could glue your blanking plates on with that.

Karl