[Shop-talk] Tivo Talk

To: mpless@servo.ucsd.edu,Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Tivo Talk
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:25:56 -0800
At 07:50 AM 1/21/2008 -0800, Marcus Pless wrote:
>  I just  had it apart yesterday to add a
>network card and I was amazed at how clean it was inside, considering that
>it hasn't been opened in years.

I haven't paid much attention to my Tivo but I did upgrade to a Series2
last year
since they allowed me to transfer my lifetime subscription.  So now I have a
Philips ptv300 that is sitting idle.

I knew these things were upgradable but I didn't realize they were networkable.
Accessing Rhapsody from the Tivo has been a pleasant surprise.

I've always wanted a computer and TV for the shop and the Tivo would make
it just that much cooler.  I did a cursory Google and found a kit.

Could you provide a few more details, links, and/or recommendations?

Steve Shipley