Re: [Shop-talk] Removing rust stains from concrete?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Removing rust stains from concrete?
From: "Mark Miller" <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 21:41:35 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: shop-talk-bounces+markmiller=threeboysfarm.com@autox.team.net
[mailto:shop-talk-bounces+markmiller=threeboysfarm.com@autox.team.net] On
<<<From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
We've been using Whink
http://www.whink.com/rust_stain_remover.htm
at our cabin for years now - it's the only thing that reliably gets out
the rust stains caused by the iron in our well without requiring
respiratory protection during use. It's mostly dilute hydrofluoric acid
(if you read the label and MSDS).

They appear to have a bunch of related products; it appears that
http://www.whink.com/rust_and_iron_stain_remover.htm
might be a better choice for concrete.

My two cents: I'd much much rather have rust stains than any dealings with
hydrofluoric acid.  If you get a chance peruse its MSDS - this stuff is
quite nasty.  It doesn't burn skin, but will 'seep' through and attack he
calcium in your bones.
Be careful out there....

Mark Miller
Sebastopol, CA