Re: [Shop-talk] Cast iron to PVC soil pipe adapter?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cast iron to PVC soil pipe adapter?
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 16:04:37 -0600
Why not just use cast iron ?  It's not that horribly expensive compared to
the hassle of trying to reliably join PVC to cast iron.  And no leading is
required below grade nowadays - at least not here in the northeast part of
the Peoples Republic of Illinois, where the unions make sure we have some
pretty tight codes.  You just put in a rubber insert and lubricant, and pop
the fitting together.

Karl