Re: [Shop-talk] 9,500 kWh of production in first year

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 9,500 kWh of production in first year
From: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:25:57 -0500
We don't get the major tax credits in Texas that you get in CA, but I
would be interested if it gets down to a 5 to 10 year ROI.  The
geothermal heat pumps would really be a boost, but system cost is too
high here at this time.

I can't complain too much, based on lots of state and federal backing,
Texas is now the #1 producer of wind power, and the growth is
accelerating.

With our outrageous summers, the trend here is radiant heat barriers.
I may try the ceramic paint this spring.

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - http://Austin-Healeys.com - Plano, TX
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Built to run 'til the road wears out."