Re: [Shop-talk] resistance (tong type) spot welders

To: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] resistance (tong type) spot welders
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:50:50 -0700
 Never seen a Singer before ? wow, I just assumed everyone had one in
their garage.

  This is my 34 1.5 Litre http://singer.rambour.com/4str/index.html

 And this is the 34 I am actually working on at the moment, I will be
taking patterns for everything from the bigger 1.5 car.  The 1.5 is
quite a bit bigger than the 4cylinder car so while I can use the 1.5 as
the pattern everything has to be sized back.  Luckily the 1.5 is very
complete.  For the link below click on "The Body Work" and also the
sub-link under that "The Cowl" to see the current state of the car.

  http://ayw709.rambour.com/

 The one you sent the link to is a Special Speed, same frame/chassis as
my 4cyl. car above, just a nicer body style and a counter-balanced speed
motor. That is the motor with the reliable crankshaft, not like the
broken one that was in my car.  Because its the same chassis, some of
them have been converted to boat tail Special Speed but I am keeping
mine as original as possible.  Ok, ok, I am switching motors BUT I HAVE
SINCE I wrote that website found a correct and original motor.

  I have purchased new front/rear fenders along with a new grill shell
and front/rear aprons from someone in the U.K. who actually had the
things brand new, but he does not have the interior parts like firewall,
etc. that I am missing, that is why the welder questions so I can start
on that.  My rather ambitious goal is driveable by xmas, not finished
but driveable and with the state of the drivetrain I think that is
possible depending on my much wood work I have to do.

    mike