Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands

To: shop-talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:38:03 -0400
   I'm looking at options beyond jackstands. I can see where the kwiklift
   could be handy. I'm not sure that my garage could accommodate a 4 post
   lift. That would be nice though...
Marc

   Mullen, Tim wrote:

Marc wrote:

I have plenty of jackstands and two sets of ramps, but they are
not my favorite to work with... I have been looking at the
Kwiklift ( http://www.kwiklift.com )

I never quite understood the appeal of those.  For a couple hundred
more, you can get a four post drive on lift.  You can do the same work
on the lift and store cars up in the air.  With the Kwiklift, you are
still sliding around on your back, just like the car was on jack stands.
I'd take a real lift any day.

Tim Mullen