Re: [Shop-talk] Service Line Protection Programs?

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Service Line Protection Programs?
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:52:48 -0500
Call several plumbers and ask what the replacement cost would be on your
yard lines. This will give you an idea as to when the break-even point
would be. This would not take into account the cost increase of the
replacement in the future, but would give you something to compare the
monthly payment to.

If you can live with the replacement costs, then don't go with the
insurance. If you can't handle the sum at one time, then the insurance
may be good for your situation.

Also, these insurance policy promotions are usually not from the
utility, but an outside company that gives the utility kickback for each
customer signed up. If you can find out who the company is, check them
out with the BBB, or Google.

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001