Re: [Shop-talk] TV Switch to digital broadcasting

To: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] TV Switch to digital broadcasting
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:51:54 -0400
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Gerald Brazil <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com> wrote:
> 35 channels? Sounds like you are on cable, not getting over-the-air
> signals......if so, you don't need a converter at all.....they are only
> necessary if you receive over-the-air signals....

No, there are lots of digital over-the-air stations.  It's possible
for digital channels to have mulitple subchannels.

  Here, I get six analog stations (well, five, one is broken).
Several of them have three or four digital sub-channels.  They all
show the HD version of the network, often have a SD version of network
on digital, plus another channel or two.  One of those is often a
weather map.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com