Re: [Shop-talk] water heater troubleshooting

To: scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water heater troubleshooting
From: "Larry Spector" <lspector@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 07:58:19 -0400
Is it one of the super high efficiency models that uses a powered
exhaust vent? If so- make sure that the vent fan is working correctly.
If it's not, you'll get the same symptoms you've described. In my
case, the exhaust vent is plugged into a GFCI. When the GFCI tripped
for some reason, the fan quit and the burner wouldn't fire even though
the pilot was fine.