Re: [Shop-talk] Quality Ratchets

To: Wayne <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Quality Ratchets
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:59:20 +0100
Wayne wrote:
>  With the handle pivoting about the centerline of the head you can put
> the handle straight up and use the ratchet to spin the fasteners on/off
> until such time the leverage of the ratchet handle is needed.

MAC has a ratchet that does what you want - XRS 11 FPA. Although it
isn't exactly the pattern you describe it does the job with a continuous
neat spinning action of the handle. I've  had one for 10+ years and not
broken it yet. Not cheap but worth a look. 12 degree rotation might be a
problem for you.

http://www.mactools.com/Mac/Mac+Products/Catalog/Hand+Tools/Ratchet-Socket/3-8%22+Individual/Chrome+Ratchet-Handles/XRS11FPA

but no image.

Nick Brearley